Anyone know a good, fast SMTP relay service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

og5

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have price alerts from my investment trading software sent to my email address which then sends out a text message. The problem is my email is a yahoo address which sometimes send the text out quickly, sometimes there is a 5 -10 minute delay. I don't know much about the technical aspects but I think it is because yahoo smtp servers are not consistently fast at processing these emails (especially when the person is not logged into yahoo it seems).

There is another way to have text massages to my phone. Every carrier has an email to SMS gateway, my carrier (verizon) uses 10digitnumber@vtext.com. This server is quite fast and bounces text within seconds.

Problem is I can not send emails directly to the server. My broker is rather picky about sending emails actually, they don't support any email that uses SSL or TLS.

So I am looking for a fast smtp relay that doesn't use SSL or TLS.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

Your best option then would be either a ISP email account or Hotmail. As most ISP's do not have SSL or TLS protection. Nor does Hotmail. But connection to the hotmail servers is tough from anything but a web based or specific Microsoft application.

You could get a GMail account and then forward your yahoo email to that email account and then the GMail would send out the text message. But that is a round about way to do it.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom