Anyone ever used the A/C adapter network connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda slow data rates, for the price you could get a wireless G router.

They work great

If you are worried about the slow speed of the 14Mbps adapters, you can get the 85Mbps adapters from Internet retailers for about the same price like this one at newegg.com: PLANET PL-201 85Mbps Powerline Ethernet Bridge .

I have my whole house networked with the 14Mbps adapters and they work great. When you consider that most DSL connections are only 1.5 to 3Mbps, 14Mbps is plenty of bandwidth. I have a PS2, 2 desktop PCs and a laptop (connected via a wireless to powerline bridge) all sharing the 1.5Mbps DSL line over the powerlines.

Re: They work great

Phoenix1 said:
If you are worried about the slow speed of the 14Mbps adapters, you can get the 85Mbps adapters from Internet retailers for about the same price like this one at newegg.com: PLANET PL-201 85Mbps Powerline Ethernet Bridge .

I have my whole house networked with the 14Mbps adapters and they work great. When you consider that most DSL connections are only 1.5 to 3Mbps, 14Mbps is plenty of bandwidth. I have a PS2, 2 desktop PCs and a laptop (connected via a wireless to powerline bridge) all sharing the 1.5Mbps DSL line over the powerlines.

14Mbps is your LAN bandwidth and doesn't apply to the actual speed of the WAN. If you share files or host games on your LAN, 14Mbps will be pretty darn slow compare to 100/1000Mbps on most LAN. But if you need a quick solution without having to wire your house, than Power over Ethernet (PoE) is the solution.

He just wants it for internet usage. He's not a gamer. So, I think this will be perfect for him.

Thanks guys,
Andy

Re: Re: They work great

Law said:
14Mbps is your LAN bandwidth and doesn't apply to the actual speed of the WAN. If you share files or host games on your LAN, 14Mbps will be pretty darn slow compare to 100/1000Mbps on most LAN. But if you need a quick solution without having to wire your house, than Power over Ethernet (PoE) is the solution.
You mean Powerline Networking, not PoE. PoE is sending power over Ethernet wires, not sending Ethernet signals over power wiring.

Re: Re: Re: They work great

Phoenix1 said:
You mean Powerline Networking, not PoE. PoE is sending power over Ethernet wires, not sending Ethernet signals over power wiring.

Yes you are correct, my fault. It was suppose to be EoP. :cyclopes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom