Any solution for this pls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sree_deshpande

Beta member
Hi,

In my office I have the Internet connection availability through a router and is configured by a network adapter in the server. In the server I have two network adapters one for the internet and other for the LAN. My server is running on Windows 2000 server and I have shared the internet connection through NAT for my LAN.

Now I want to block some outgoing web sites using the NAT, for example I want to block complete yahoo domain for the users of my network.

I am not able to find any solution and if any body can help in this regarding it would be so great of them.

Thanking you
With Regards
S.R.Deshpande

Not sure this will help much, but...

1) what kind of router and/or firewall do you have?
2) I've seen firewalls that allow you tell a certain PC on the network to block traffic to/from certain IP address or domains...
something like:

Filter computer A from outgoing traffic to *.yahoo.com.*

But I don't know much... I'm learning about all this networking stuff :)

OR maybe you can buy a simple firewall like ZoneAlarm and I'm 99% sure you can do what your trying to do.

good luck

it's not hard to block users from certain domains. I don't have a 2000 in my hand right now, but you can just play around in the network settings and you'll see the traffic filter thing.

If you know how to configure routers, you can put a access list on it, deny yahoo.com. You have to find out the Ip address of all the servers that yahoo has, and block all of them. Well if you have a Cisco router I can tell you how to configure.

But I think it's easier to do on your server, just look for traffic filter settings. You don't need to bother NAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom