Any one use Dlink Gaming Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I am still waiting for the landlady to give the go ahead to move in. Currently i am not sure what the internet arrangement beyond the fact that there is a phone connection in my appartment.

Looking around at some routers. I will be making the move over to Wireless N this time. I have currently have my eyes on this guy

D-Link DGL-4500 Xtreme N Gigabit Router
* Dualband Draft 802.11n Technology (2.4GHz or 5GHz) for getting your game on in the wireless band of your choice
* Network activity display that gives you vital information about your router and network settings
* Updated GameFuel engine to keep your game going smoother
* Gigabit LAN and WAN ports to power your wired network
* Backward compatible with 802.11a/g/b devices
* D-Link Green Technology
* SharePortâ„¢ Technology

One of the key things I like about this one is the display on top of the rother. So I can immedately see what is going on with my internet connection

The only thing I am not happy about is that Dlink currently has no model with an inbuilt DSL Modem. However on the good side, it does mean that if for any reason I go over to Cable, I don't have to replace my hardware. (this has happened to be me in the past)

Any one use Dlink Gaming Routers? Are they worth the extra $$$ compaired to normal Wireless Routers? Or is D-Link just trying to cash in on Generation Y

Attachments

• DGL-4500_A1_Image_Front+LED_L.jpg
    DGL-4500_A1_Image_Front+LED_L.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 280
I had a DGL-4100 Wired gaming router from D-Link. Loved it. Worked perfectly. I have a DIR-628 now and the user interface is the same. Even being a non-gaming router they still have the same options for the game settings.

The only difference i have seen between my DIR-628 and the DGL-4100 that i had (Aside from the WiFi) is that the DGL had the GameFuel. Personally i never turned it on and still got great ping/connection to all games. Still the same as with this router.

So honestly you could probably just get a normal D-Link and still get the same connection and all of that. The GameFuel just gives priority to the games if they are running. I would look for a D-Link that has the display if you really want it. The Gaming aspect isnt really needed. My DIR-628 has 2 antennas and the 5GHz bandwidth. So i get great strength through 2 floors of my house, from the 2nd floor to the basement, half way across my back yard, and to my neighbors house with at least 3 bars of strength.

While it doesnt have the fancy layout, it is still a great router.

I have the dgl-4300. great router. I as well have never used gamefuel as I do not need it.

gigabyte wired ethernet is a must in my world.

I just had a look at the price between a wireless n router and the D-Link DGL-4500 Xtreme N Gigabit Router. I really can not justify spending double or triple.

As soon as I find out what my internet situation is going to be like, i see myself getting either a
NetGear Wireless-N Router with Built-in DSL Modem #DGN2000
or NetGear Wireless-N Router #WNR1000
or NetGear Wireless-N Router #WNR2000
for about a 1/3 of the price.

I am still waiting for the landlady to give the go ahead to move in. Currently i am not sure what the internet arrangement beyond the fact that there is a phone connection in my appartment.

Looking around at some routers. I will be making the move over to Wireless N this time. I have currently have my eyes on this guy

D-Link DGL-4500 Xtreme N Gigabit Router
* Dualband Draft 802.11n Technology (2.4GHz or 5GHz) for getting your game on in the wireless band of your choice
* Network activity display that gives you vital information about your router and network settings
* Updated GameFuel engine to keep your game going smoother
* Gigabit LAN and WAN ports to power your wired network
* Backward compatible with 802.11a/g/b devices
* D-Link Green Technology
* SharePortâ„¢ Technology

One of the key things I like about this one is the display on top of the rother. So I can immedately see what is going on with my internet connection

The only thing I am not happy about is that Dlink currently has no model with an inbuilt DSL Modem. However on the good side, it does mean that if for any reason I go over to Cable, I don't have to replace my hardware. (this has happened to be me in the past)

Any one use Dlink Gaming Routers? Are they worth the extra $$$ compaired to normal Wireless Routers? Or is D-Link just trying to cash in on Generation Y
i hav had d-link dgl-4500 and seems they dont last -as i hav had 3 so far ! as well as the dgl-4300 and they work great until the thing gores out in a 5 to 8 mons period i hav just returned my current dgl-4500 after just 3 mons.and hav now went to trendnet tew-633gr which is going good and i dont think i will use the replacmt when i get it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom