Any help with Connectivity problems.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I'm having serious Internet connectivity problems. I have rang my service provider and they are wanting too send an engineer out too check the ADSL in regards to the slow internet, dropping connectivity and the consent speed drops.

I have my Router which I got off them as being NEW CALL TELECOM hear in the UK. If that helps. As it type this the Internet LED on the router is Flashing solid Red, When connectivity is at full peek it goes crazy on Flashing Green.

I can browse, download, listen too music, and do what I want online but I think their could be a problem with the router.. They have said its the line as their is a small fault. I don't know what checks they have done on their end but I'm curious too know what they have done.

These problems only arose after I contacted them for advice on connecting my tablets wireless. The Girl, as she sounder about 16 in all gods honest truth had done something while I was on the phone too her with the router and told me too reset it, I have just reset the router again and now its flashing solid Red. Before it was dropping off the @ symbol and completely disconnecting.

Can anyone help as too what the problem might be. If its the router or if its Line it self, or the exchange, or what.. Any one shed any light on this problem.

The router I'm using is TECHNICOLOR TG582n PRO.

I've logged in too the router and I've set it up again using the factory reset. I take it, it must of flashed some sort of ROM. I plugged in my old router and I had no problems with as the @ Symbol was solid green. I couldn't connect too the internet but the router I take it must of had settings configured for my old IP. So that's why I'm thinking it the Router The LED is now solid green, so I'm really no sure whats happening.

Last edited:
If they wanna be nosey they do not need to send a tech into your home. Hell if they are like most American companies they don't really wanna send a tech out either.

I found this looking it up. Technicolor TG582n - Help & Support - Telecom New Zealand.

If they want to send a tech out then there is something they need to fix

I've just got back online, their was a Fault at the exchange, it took three engineers too find the problem. They sent someone out, on Friday, Saturday, and today. the Gye who come today seemed pretty thorough, & was able too fix the problem. I might of only been offline since Thursday\Friday but its a relief too have internet connectivity back. The stuff he was doing was so far over my head it was unreal.. I honestly don't think its possible too protect your self online any more in regards too hacking and Cracking Password\Accounts and or just generalized Breaking in too people private stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom