Annoying issues with wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_olin

In Runtime
I have a wireless router 3ish rooms away. And I get a very low signal in my room. The internet will disconnect and reconnect quite a bit. so today I picked up a range expander (which cost more than the router itself.) And even when I connect to the expander, i only get a slightly better signal, and it still disconnects sometimes.

How can I get a better signal which will not disconnect?

disconnect any cordless phones that operate on the 2.4ghz frequency that you have in the house.

You can also try changing the wireless channel on the router. If it's 3 rooms away, you should be getting a very good signal. So you're either getting a good deal of interference, or you've got a problem with your wireless card's antenna.

my sister also has problems with signal on her laptop. So it isn't on my side. My cordless phoes are 5.4ghz.

Any other ideas?

Sometimes it even says "no signal". And the range extender even has trouble connecting to the router which is 1 room away (with the door open. they are within LOS).

hate to spam my own topic... but yes, I have also tried channels 6, 11, and 1 with all same results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom