ambit 60740euw wireless router configuration problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICS

In Runtime
Time Warner has apparently removed some of the configuration options from the web interface for my Ambit Wireless Modem/Router. However, I need to alter my port forwarding settings. I have called them and gone through their horrible support system until I finally talked to someone who told me they don't support those features. My question is, how do I restore the modem/router configuration so that I can make the necessary changes?

I have tried accessing the modem/router via telnet, but that appears to be blocked. I cannot access the web interface (192.168.0.1).

I figure TW must have some other way of accessing the modem, and I want to know what it is. Could it be through the USB port? (connecting via wireless or ethernet makes no difference in the web interface or lack of telnet access) Would there be a physical switch of some sort on the device itself?

This has been a very frustrating problem, and I'm hoping there's a solution that doesn't involve buying my own modem/router and telling TW to shove it.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Step 1:
Call up Time Warner

Step 2:
Request Tier 3 Wireless Tech Support

Step 3:
Tell the Service tech that you messed up your modem, and you need them to do a restore to factory default on it. (You set it to bridge mode, and you need it switched back to Gateway mode.

Now ask them if they can activate Port forwarding for ports 800+ so you and your friends can play online games such as Halo together. Also inform him that Halo requires the player to host the game on his machine so the other players can connect to it. (Yours is the fastest of your friends).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If this doesnt work for you then you need to buy a new router.

Have you done an IPCONFIG command in a command prompt to verify that the default gateway is 192.168.0.1?

If you haven't. do that, and post up the IP address you get. If you get a 169.254.x.x, then that is Windows auto-assigning an IP address because it couldn't reach the DHCP server. If it is other than 192.168.x.x, 169.254.x.x and 10.x.x.x, then that is probably your PUBLIC IP address, and no port forwarding is needed...

192.168.0.1 click "login" (it says default user/password is "user" - You ain't a user). You put in "admin" / "cableroot". I don't know if it's different for different regions( i'm in the greensboro, NC region), but TWC only uses a few variations. It'll be "admin" /"admin", or "admin" /blank, or "admin" /"cableroo" or "cableroot", or "admin" /"password", "user"/"admin", etc.

Unfortunatley, I read that there is a hardware firewall on this wireless that can't be shut off by anybody( a lvl 3 tech support person left that reply in a forum I read somewhere). I'm still trying to figure out how to get my 360 to talk to my computer. It's hard, coz I don't know what I'm doing. Holla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom