Allowing All To See Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacyga90

Beta member
I am trying to set up one computer to hold four different hard drives. I also have two other computers which I want to be able to access the four hard drives, but I don't want the two computers to be able to access each other if that is possible. I am pretty good with computers, but my knowledge of networking is limited. I would like to set this up ASAP, so any help is appreciated, thanks.

Ok, so I set one of the hard drives to be shared on the network, but then how do I get my other computers to access that hard drive. I don't see the hard drive in my computer or in shared documents. Am I doing something wrong?

Easiest way is just to do start > run \\computernamehere\C$

If the drives are shared out they will show up. Otherwise you'll need to add c$ d$ etc

Easiest way is just to do start > run \\computernamehere\C$

If the drives are shared out they will show up. Otherwise you'll need to add c$ d$ etc

You have no idea what the heck you are talking about. This is not even related and this is the reason why I don't post here anymore.. because of people like you that post crap that ultimately makes a potion of a forum CRAP.... so if you dont know... dont post!!!!

Look... on a network card level... disable file and print sharing on the other 2 computers... You'll be set..

It's on a network card level ... GO TO YOUR NETWORK CARD PROPERTIES AND DE-SELECT FILE AND PRINT SHARING...... As for your drives... Share them all as their Letter.

Don't forget to set all of the computers to the same workgroup, otherwise they might not see each other (XP and Vista may see other workgroups, but older Windows OS'es need to be on the same workgroup).

Then to access the drives on other computers, go to My Network Places (Windows XP, Vista) or Network Neighborhood (Windows 95/98/SE/ME). You'll see the name of the computer with the drives, or for newer Windows versions, you may see the actual drive links (as folders) themselves. You can then map these network shares to drives on your local PC, so your PC's I: drive could link to the "server" PC's C:, D:, E:, etc drive.

You have no idea what the heck you are talking about. This is not even related and this is the reason why I don't post here anymore.. because of people like you that post crap that ultimately makes a potion of a forum CRAP.... so if you dont know... dont post!!!!

Look... on a network card level... disable file and print sharing on the other 2 computers... You'll be set..

Hey mr dbag, i thought you left permanently. We dont miss you, all you do is flame. And what i reponded is correct in relation to the 2ND question he asked. Now crawl back under whatever bridge you came out of.

Hey mr dbag, i thought you left permanently. We dont miss you, all you do is flame. And what i reponded is correct in relation to the 2ND question he asked. Now crawl back under whatever bridge you came out of.

lol, cute. But, according to your reply you are using an admin share. That honestly the best way to go about answering the question?

And, when did I ever say that I was leaving permanently? I don't care if TF misses me or not...did I say otherwise?

I was very drunk when I posted this and it came off extremely harsh. I'm actually trying to get better at that.

But, as for your reply, it just wasn't the best route considering you mentioned an admin share and didn't even ask if they are logged in under similar users. Just bound to open up a new can of worms. I take networking extremely seriously and I just cringe when I see posts that aren't accurate. Sorry if I ****ed in your cereal ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom