AIM LAN Transfer file sizes different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neurro

Beta member
Hey all, I'm trying to transfer a 5.5gb file from one computer to another on my LAN using AIM. When I send the file, the computer I'm sending the file from shows the proper size (5.5gb) though the receiving computer shows the file as 1.5gb. The file ends after this 1.5gb is sent.

What is going on? It's definitely a 5.5gb file, so why is it not sending the proper size?

I would suggest not using AIM to send files when you could just use the LAN. It will be much, much faster to share the file on the network, especially since the file is 5.5 gigs.

I've set up my network and my computers don't see each other and doing a run command of \\server gives me a network path not found error. I've run a Ping to and from both computers and they communicate fine, but I'm having this issue.

I'm trying to figure out why the 5.5gb's doesn't send the right size to my receiving computer. AIM has uncapped LAN transfer rates, so it's the same as sending through a shared folder.

Ah, okay, I am not too familiar with the new AIM, and I don't use Windows either. Hmm, it has to be AIM's fault. Does the file work correctly once you get it onto the receiving computer? What type of file is it? Sorry if I can't be much help

~Greg

It's not just AIM that is giving me this problem. I use PopMessenger (a LAN IM/File system) and it does the same exact thing. The file doesn't work correctly when I get it on the receiving computer because the file is supposed to be 5.5gb and not 1.5gb. :(

EDIT: It's a .mdf file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom