After format, my wireless connection won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
At home I have a broadband internet connection that is shared via my Level One wireless router, which can be found here. I have just formatted my laptop (which connects to the network via a USB dongle) and reinstalled Windows XP SP2. I have downloaded all the latest Windows updates and drivers and my system is now updated.

However, for some reason I can not get the wireless part of my network to work again. The PC can still access the internet, but the laptop cannot. When the laptop starts up, the Level One software starts and detects the network. It can see the network signal strength and frame rate and what encryption is used. However, once it has established this and Windows takes over it goes horribly wrong. Windows says that it is aquiring the IP address and everything and does so for about 2 minutes before coming back and saying that there is no or limited connectivity. Any ideas on what I should do?

All your wireless network settings are lost not to mention Everything! You will have to reconfigure your network settings from your workstation to connect to your WNWK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom