Advanced networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlog247

Beta member
I looked and could not find the answer on here I am shore it has been asked before. I am trying to set up an advanced internal network with 4 computers one with xp one with vista and two with 7. one my my windows 7 I keep on all the time it is the computer that has most of my movies, files, pictures, document and backups on it. I have a Linksys router it is set up as a manual dhcp so every device has an ip address and the wireless Mac filter is turned on for extra security. I let my neighbor use my internet connection since she is in school but I do not want to give her access to my files since some are finical. What I am trying to do is share my files with each other device but at the same time set it up where my neighbor can not get into the files that are on my network but let her use my printer. And I would also like to set it up but don't have to where the computer that I keep turned on can track the network connections so I know that she is not doing any thing illegal while she is using the internet. And track suspicious behaves on my computers if a virus or a Trojan gets on my computers. I use open dns to block most every thing out but I want the Pease and mind as well. All the programs I find are hard to tell what sites that were went to and what all was downloaded or sent out. It showed me every thing down to what ads where showed so it was hard to use. Thinks for reading and hope yaw can help me!! :grin:

for the financial files, download truecrypt portable to a shared folder. use it to create an encrypted data store. save your file inside this storage container. when you need access to the files you will need to load the data store and enter a secret password to gain access.

for the inet filter and tracking, download vmware sever on the windows machine that is always on. download the virtual appliance linked below. follow their instructions for setup. redirect all web traffic thru it.

SafeSquid Ubuntu Virtual Appliance | Virtual Appliance Marketplace

Try CCProxy .. it is what you need
Proxy Server Software CCProxy - Proxy Software for Windows 7/2008/Vista/XP

It is free for 3 or less users .. and can give you all the reports you are asking for ..
but read these :
How to Insure the Security of My Network with CC Proxy Server Software Installed?
Why CCProxy is Sometimes Considered to be a Risk?

Edit : I forgot to tell you that CCProxy shares ONLY internet connection so don't share it your self..
the manual :
http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/doc/ccproxy.pdf

Regards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom