ADSL modem cut-outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousepad

In Runtime
Hey everyone, I have a westell 2200 http://westell.com/content/products/pdf/2200_datasheet.pdf I had gotten one from bellsouth because my last modem (an alcatel) got soda poured on it... don't ask. Anyways, ever since I got that westell; it cuts out on me for like 30 seconds. It's really annoying because it resets the connection and ip. Is there anyway this can be prevented or is it the fact that westell is a terrible company. Now for some days it won't happen. Like sometimes my connection will last 2 days and then it will cut out, but sometimes it will do it frequently.

Hey mousepad, I have that same exact modem and have never had that problem but I have mine set up different than most.

That modem is basically a 1 port router so I turned it into a "gateway" and have it connected to a real router.

I would call BellSouth and give them crap until they fix it if you can't.

Well, I have mine set up as a bridged ethernet for better control on my router. I hate how the modem has a firewall. The only was to diminish it is to make it bridged. I will call them up though as I did before. They said that there was a short in my phone line, which they supposedly fixed, and it helped it not cut-out so often, but it still does it.

It could just be an incompatibility between your computer and the modem, I had that problem.
I brought a new PC (I needed one anyway) and the connection never drops now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom