Ad hoc won't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I get. I blurred out stuff that I believe I don't want other people to know...

link

No, like I wrote, it's constantly trying to acquire an IP. That's what I believe the issue is.

hmm odd, try in the TCP/IP settings change it to DHCP again then click advanced.

next in the top box it should say DHCP enabled

then click DNS and try adding the DNS in the top box see if that works.

Iv run out of ideas :( so maybe someone else will come along to try to help later.

baronvongogo said:
hmm odd, try in the TCP/IP settings change it to DHCP again then click advanced.

next in the top box it should say DHCP enabled

then click DNS and try adding the DNS in the top box see if that works.

Iv run out of ideas :( so maybe someone else will come along to try to help later.
I'm not sure I get what you mean.
Do you mean change the TCP/IP for the WiFi to DHCP. Where should it say DHCP enabled? The advanced settings are too complex for me.
Which DNS should I add? I know 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 should I use those or the ones that my ethernet card has?
I hope that is descriptive enough for you to understand that I am pretty clueless.

MJ, looks like you were following some of my guide.

Your problem, is DHCP. You want to use static address.

With the information you got for your wired card. Put the following information in the wireless TCP/IP setting

IP: 192.168.0.1
SM: 255.255.255.0
DG: IP of the wired card.
DNS: DNS address found on the wired card.

For the Wii, manually enter in

IP: 192.168.0.2
SM: 255.255.255.0
DG: 192.168.0.1
DNS: 192.168.0.1 or DNS address found on the wired card.

You were doing everything correctly but your IP setting for mixing up with DHCP.

When you say IP of wired card, should I put the actual IP? Issue being I'm not sure if I have a static IP (likely) or a dynamic one and no way to test. I don't have the modem, It's all wired up like this.
DNS of the wired card I assume are the ones I blank out on my ipconfig pic?
Well I'm giving it all a shot

MJ said:
When you say IP of wired card, should I put the actual IP? Issue being I'm not sure if I have a static IP (likely) or a dynamic one and no way to test. I don't have the modem, It's all wired up like this.
DNS of the wired card I assume are the ones I blank out on my ipconfig pic?
Well I'm giving it all a shot

Try, because that's what I did on my guide but that was behind a router and all was static IP.

Same issues, the wireless card is still trying to acquire a network address. Is this what it should be doing?
When the Wii does the network test the Laptop constantly switches between connected and not connected and eventually tries to acquire an address again when the Wii failed.
Is it possible that the network admins somehow block this? I don't think it is, but maybe?
Is it an issue that my ethernet card has the subnet 255.255.254.0
Can I try something with the IP of the DHCP server from my ethernet card?
Is the issue maybe that my wireless is constantly trying to acquire an address? Or is that normal, because that's what worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom