actiontec wireless accesspoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinraf

Beta member
Hello everyone!

Ok so let me get right too it, im on a laptop right now that can access the internet fine, but i want to use bit torrent (Azureus) to download files (all legal of course :) ) My problem is this, My downloads go soooooooooooo slow because the ports bit torrent uses (6881 - 6889) are closed or blocked or something. Azureus is telling me its going so slow because of a NAT problem, but i dont even know what a NAT is. I know if you type in your ip of the access point you can bring up the screen to configure your access point, but there is no advanced options to 'port forward' or anything like that (i dont even know what port forwarding is i just saw it in a different forum while looking for the answer)

Anyways you may have guessed by now i dont know very m uch about computers at all, but if anyone could help me in anyway id really apreciate it.

Right now my access point is going though USB from my main house computer that has a direct connection to the internet. When dl'ing files off the internet i can get speeds of up to 200 KBS, so i know its something to do with ports... the access point im using is this one

Your actiontech does have this configuration. When you log into your gateway via IP, click Advanced Setup on the left side. Then click "Begin Advanced Setup".
Then click "Port Forwarding" on the left side. Then enter in the port range as you listed above. Keep TCP selected, then place in your internal IP address of the computer you want to forward the ports to. You will have to do the same for the UDP protocol type. Just leave all the settings in after you click "Add". Thebn change the protocol type to "UDP" and then click add again.

After all of that click "Save and Restart" and restart the gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom