access to server denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
Some users (incluing me) are experiencing difficulities accessing servers. When we try to access any server (and folders/files in them), we get an error message with "Access denied" "Check your user ID and password. Or ask Administrator". The access is granted as soon as PC is rebooted. I would like to know what's causing this problem.

This hasn't become a big problem but I have a feeling this will be...

Server: Win 2000 SP4
User: Win XP SP1 or 2

when you get access denied, can you access any other resource on the server? can you access any resources on another server or wkst?

you are logging on as the same user each time correct? Have you tried moving a user to a different wkst and tried to recreate the problem?

i'd prolly try recreating the share.

well, the problem kinda disappeared.
when the access was denied, we couldn't access anything at all on the servers. i'm not sure about other workstn, tho.

i honestly don't think it's possible for all of us in IT dept (really 3 of us.. :p) to logon incorrectly to get this error. i mean, we should be the one who know what we are doing the best, right??? ;)

btw, we are using roaming profiles using win active directory and we are going to discontinue that when we install new servers in a few weeks. i hope this will sovle some of the wierd problems we are having here....

Sounds like theres a GPO pulldown issue on that server. Considering the reboot fixes the issue, this leads me to believe that the pull down process is either hanging or is cluttered.

Recreate the shares and this should go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom