4g Hotspot/Router and Remote monitor Security - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default 4g Hotspot/Router and Remote monitor Security

Hello,

I have recently been put in charge of setting up a remote monitoring system for my company's security systems. My company uses a 4g hotpot from cricket mobile for its internet connection and the security system needs an ethernet cable from the dvr unit to a router. We don't have a router so I have been trying to figure out how to use one of the ethernet ports on an office pc to create a connection. The dvr says it has a connection, but I'm trying to get the pc to act as a router so I can do the necessary port forwarding functions. My best idea so far has been to find some type of router emulator for the office pc and use that, but I have no idea where to find that and this is why I'm here. Any advice?
Closed Thread