403 forbidden-windows internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fletchcountry

Solid State Member
I too just finished building a gaming rig. I loaded it with vista 64-bit and went throuh several pci cards before I found one to load and stay stable. Now my problem is that when I try to log on to the net I get this " 403 forbidden-windows internet explorer", below it says "forbidden you don't have permission to access http://www.comcast.net" below that "apache server at www.comcast.net". I bought vist premium as oem for system builders.
Am I just not savvy enough to config an vista os?
please help!!!

Kevin

yes the device is working properly and I have a full signal quality.Right now I am not running any encryption. I will setthat after I can log on.

403 Is a Server end issue. You can try to clean out your cookies thru the Internet Tools or with CCleaner. But usually a 403 Access Denied is a server end issue that you just have to wait for them to fix. Have you contacted Comcast yet?

I have a desktop that that is connected by wire and a laptop that I am using now that is wireless, these are working fine. Am I not doing a correct config. on the new system? The network shows that the router is connecting to the new computer and I know the router is connected to the internet. I think I am overlooking something simple. I am reinsalling vista now to see if it's an explorer glitch.

It could have been as simple as not allowing IE thru a firewall. It could be that the Ethernet card was not installed. Did you check the Device Manager to see if there was any conflicts?

I had a pcic controller and a pcmcia controller that were disabled and when I updated the driver there was still a warning on the tree. I'm not sure what these controller are. I am a newbee ya know.

Google from the PC you are using to find out. It would tell you exactly what they are. ;) We all have to start to learn at some point.

one last thing. When I type in comcast.net or aol.com and enter, the system thinks for a few moments and then flashes the 403 code. could it be that I am sending a bad auto code text in front of the web address to the servers that I and trying to access? I don't know much about text either or where to look in my files or what to look for.

No it thinks for a few seconds cause it is trying to access the DNS servers and see if it can find the address typed. After it can not access the DNS servers it returns with the 403 Access Denied error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom