4 in 1 PCMCIA that can be ROuter, AP, Wireless Lan and Bridge - Quetec? Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremeqi

Solid State Member
hi everyone, I am very new in the networking. In fact, I am just try to build a small home network for myself.
I was told by a friend in Florida that there is one brand new company offering a product called QueTec. Anyone heard about it?
I checked on their site and found out that

The
Router, Access Point, Bridge, Wireless LAn all build into the PCMCIA.
4 in 1.

First, I thought it is impossible but on the page they said they are going to attend the world largest computer expo - Cebit in Germany. Anyone in that region or is going to that show can you please check it out and see if it is true.

I saw their video presentation and looks the product is so cool.. and and it is only USD49.00

Please give me some advise.. thanks
by the way, their website is called www.quetec.net

It looks like an interesting product, it eliminates the need to have a wireless router/access point connected to your broadband modem (DSL/Cable).

The only catch that I can see is.. its only 802.11b compliant. Those of us that want the higher speeds of the 802.11a/g standard will not benefit from it. (At least until they come up with a unit that is compatible with other IEEE standards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom