3g Wi-fi Mini router help?

kisamokichi

Solid State Member
I dont know if this is the right place to post but...
I recently got a 3g wireless router from Ebay in the mail.

My dad ordered it, yet doesn't know how to work it, and I've read the instructions but I can't seem to figure out how to use it.

Here is what it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer-Wireless-Broadband-Hotspot-1800mAh/dp/B00AIJCNQC

Instructions:
MODIFICATION OF THE WIFI PASSWORD:
(1) Through wifi, connect the internet device wirelessly to MPR series, input 192.168.10.1 into the address bar of the device browser and enter the management interface.Default username: admin; Default password: admin

(picture of the management place, which I have no idea how to get to)

(2) Modify the wifi password in the interface of wireless setting-wireless safety.

(another picture of basically the same thing)

(3) When the status indicator displays "Blue light is in continuously", it shows that the dial is successful and the internet can be visited.

(I tried this, it let me connect to the router, but it wouldnt let me change the password, nor would the interface show up.)

PACKIING LIST AND HARDWARE INSTRUCTION:
1x MPR series
1x Quick installation Guide
1x Micro USB Charging Cable

(picture of where the ports are and which switch to charge, turn it on, or turn it off)

THE SETTING OF ALL NETWORK MODES:
The setting of 3g wireless modem

(1) Push the switch to gear R (turns it on). The default network mode is intelligent. Insert the wireless network card into the USB port. The device will connect to the internet through automatic dial without any setting.

(2) When the status indicator for MPR series is "blue light is on continuously" (3g network) or purple light (2g network) is on continuously it means the direct dial was successful. Through wifi, connect the internet device wirelessly to MPR series and the internet can be visited.

NETWORK SETTING FOR ADSL:
(1) Push the switch to gear R (turn on). Under intelligent mode, connect the lan port of modem to network port of MPR series through the network cable.

(2) Through wifi, connect the internet device wirelessly to MPR series, input 192.168.10.1 into the address bar of device browser with the default username and password, enter the management interface, click the operation mode, choose the mode of wireless router and click "OK:. Wait for restart of MPR series, enter the setting interface again, click the WAN setting-connection mode, choose PPPOE, input the ADSL account and password and click "OK", which can be seen in the picture below:

(I had actually gotten to the interface by now, but the WAN bar was replaced by 3G, and all the settings were different from the picture. The rest of the intructions is how to charge your phone or device using the router, but other than that, I dont know what to do. Help??????? )

Joe C: It takes me to interface after I connect to the Router, which I can change the settings. The only problem with that is, when it told me to go to the WAN tab, it was replaced by a 3g tab, with different settings.

Strollin: My internet at my house is Windstream, and I'm not exactly sure. I dont have a smartphone, and I think thats what this modem is for, to connect to a smartphone and be able to use the internet with it.

Are you trying to use it as a wireless router connected to your internet connection (cable, dsl, whatever)? If so, you need to connect it to your cable box or whatever via an ethernet cable then scan for the wifi connection (Not sure but it might show up as "MPR") and connect to it. Once connected, then open a browser and enter 192.168.10.1 which should take you to a login screen where you enter admin as the userid and admin as the password. That should get you logged in to the router's management console where you can then name the connection (SSID) and set wifi passphrase and choose security protocol.

Back
Top Bottom