3 on sbc dsl, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do You mean by that?
-"not to get the power over ethernet cards"-???
I need 3 of them so do I have to buy 3 the same ones? Or could I buy 2 just like that kit IOGear?
BTW I have to look for "cabling" or "interface"?

or...
lets do this easy way!!
show me which ones can I buy?

and if I have 3 pc's, do I have to buy three homplugs?
one pc will be connected to dsl or router, the second one will have in his room 1st homeplug, the third one will have 2nd homeplug.
So?

The Power over Ethernet cards are for sending power through cat5 cables in your home. That is not what you are doing.

The HomePlug adapters don't have to be the same brand. You can mix and match. You need 3 because 2 will plug into PCs and 1 will plug into the router.

Buy one of these IOGear Kits (that will give you 2) and one of these NOVATECH adapters (That will be the third). You also need a router if you don't already have one. This D-Link router is only $34.

Plug the dsl modem into the WAN or Internet port on the router. Plug the first PC into any of the 4 LAN ports the router. Plug one HomePlug adapter into another LAN port on the router. Plug a HomePlug adapter into the Ethernet port on second PC. Plug a HomePlug adapter into the Ethernet port on third PC.

There might be some setup required on the router. Follow the included instructions to get it to work with your dsl. The HomePlug adapters should work right out of the box with no setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom