220kbps on 1.5mbps DSL!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kitire said:
OMFG.

I never said i had a router....

"no i dont have a router"

WOW! LISTEN!

I do look over quite a few threads in the limited time that I get to come here in a day. I do admit, sometimes I do skim the previous posts, and probably saw the word router stuck in somewhere, and made an incorrect assumption.:D

But, perhaps you could be a little more courteous to anyone that is trying to lend a hand?

"But, perhaps you could be a little more courteous to anyone that is trying to lend a hand?"

I couldn't have said it better myself.

It is just that i said it 3 times...

I have come down to a bad modem, or a download limitation.. Thanks.

Your problem is that you have DSL, you will never get 1.5Mbps. I am sure that there are other people in your neighbor hood that have that same service, and they are also drawing from the bandwidth that you receive, and if you have older phones connected in your house they may be drawing to much power and dimishing your connection. If at all possible I reccommend that you switch service providers and get cable internet access, you pay just as much if not less and its 40x faster on avg.

Cable internet isnt available here, i am lucky i got DSL at all... And Altell is the only ISP here. Let me unplug my phone and see if that helps any...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom