2 xboxs and 2 comps and pulling out my hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulafien

In Runtime
ok whats up guys. i have 2 xboxs that are both live and 2 computers that both play neverwinter nights online. my question is how do i hook it all up? and yes i have a cable modem. i can use 1 comp and 1 xbox online at 1 time ???any more and they drop each other. i also have a 4 port router. and a 4 port hub i just bought. do i even need the hub because its still in the package......please help me and my buddy jack into the matrix so to speak....thank you

soulafien

ps we need our video crack lol:(

Router gets the cable in the WAN port. Then you plug into one of the lan jacks with a PC. connect to the router, and configure it how you want, with DHCP enabled. Setup static assignments to the XBox's and place them in the DMZ. Then if you don't need the hub, I'd get a switch if you really do, plug the rest of the machines into the router\switch. This should allow you to use them all without problems.

good luck

didnt work same crap is happening???

what i really need is a detailed step by step instructions on how to do it cause i dont know squat about ips and subnet masks and gateways and all that

signed uneducated network guy

please list off your exact configuration. Every detail will help, ie model numbers, manufactures, things like that...

ok little better now. on main comp p4 xp home...2nd comp p3 2k

now ive got it to where i can play battlefield on the 2nd comp and neverwinter nights on the first comp at the same time but when i login on the 2nd comp with neverwinter nights it still boots comp 1 out and we begin to have wierd effects at the server for nwn

heres what i got

main comp is dell dimension p4 2300
512 ram
xp home
realtech nic card

2nd comp is 1300mgz celeron
458 ram
win 2000 pro
realtech nic card

router is linksys 4 port
model#nr401

3.0 cable modem through mediacom

ok now i can play nwn on both computers at the same time just not on the same server???????

o sorry yes same game but different keycodes
i bought my copy and he bought his its all legal

ok, I wonder if it's got something to do with the external IP being the same...
Looking...

a friend through the game got it!!!

i had to change my port # or something in my player ini for neverwinter nights so anyways its on

thank you for your time and patience inaris

im off to play yea yea yea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom