2 out of 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud#20

Solid State Member
I can't get network back-up on two computers. This morning for some strange reason??? I have 1 computers set up on a DSL through a Hotbrick Router with 1 computer as server, and 3 outhers are routed throught a netgear DS104 to the Hotbrick. all computers where fine and had been working through routers very well, I was away from them for about 5 min and two of the computer showed router cables un pluged. I tested routers and cables everything is fine but not showing the two computers cables to be pluged in. I Did A reinstall and network setup and still wont work!!! Stumped OS. XP PRO

have you tried a different NIC? It's possible for a network card to go bad. Even though it doesn't seem possible to happen on two at the same time...

yes I've tried dif NIC's no help, now just one computer is working on net.

I have had this problem on XP home as well. Can't offer any advice because it went away all by itself and has never come back!

ok goast!!! got up today and now network is working fine, all computers can see each outher and go to web. I did nothing out- of setting cables and turned off for night and it's back up. Thanks
Or should I look for Goast, this is not right (work one day & not the next!! & then back up again!!!)

thefork8 said:
I've heard of this phenomena happenin with Linksys routers

I've had this problem with linksys routers... they're great when they work, but they have a mind of their own!

blackwrx said:
I've had this problem with linksys routers... they're great when they work, but they have a mind of their own!

I've experienced it with 2 of them at work, not with the one I use at home, thankfully, but I agree.... fantastic when they work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom