2 ISP Connections Keep Popping Up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango

Solid State Member
All of a sudden when I try to get on the Internet I have not 1 but 2 Peaknet Connections (Peaknet is my ISP). I am not computer savvy and would appreciate any suggestions and/or help anyone could give me in stopping this from happening. When I delete and/or close one of them I get disconnected so I am forced to just let both of them remain until I am ready to shut down my PC. :confused:

I forgot to mention that I talked to my ISP and they say it is not their fault and that it might be because I am using Mozilla Firefox as my browser!

Do you have 2 IPs assigned or just one? Is one connection dialup and the other cable and/or dsl? In other words do you 2 modems of any type running?

I have only one IP. I am on Dialup. I have only one Modem.

I have a Screen Shot showing the 2 Peaknet Connection Boxes that appear but I don't know how to show them to you on this reply.

Are the 'double connections' causing you any problems? I ask because this duplication could just be a harmless glitch that causes the dialog box to display a single connection twice and the 'fix' could cause a lot of work to troubleshoot and more problems to 'fix'.

NO, the 2 Connections are not exactly causing me any problem it's just frustrating! For the 3 years I have been on my PC I have always just clicked on the Connection Icon on my Desktop and I would go right to the Internet. All of a sudden 3-4 weeks ago this 2nd Connection box appeared. I don't know what happened but I would like to eliminate this 2nd one if I could but if the "Fix" is going to cause me more problems or if it is just not worth the trouble I guess I can live with them both showing up.

Please do not post in bold. It is not needed. Thank you.

Think at some point someone setup another dialup connection. I think i understand what you are talking about, just delete one of the connections. I've had 5 dialup connections at times on some client's computers. Reason is sometimes someone doesn't realize there is already a connection created so they create another one. You should just be able to delete one of the connections and move on from there.

I've tried everything my little mind can think of to delete one of the connections but no matter where I go or what I click on I can't find the correct place that shows the 2 connections so I have been unable to delete the extra one.

Can you tell me step-by-step where exactly I should go to do the delete.

Thank you.

If you just have mutiple connection icons on your desktop then simply right click => delete to delete the shortcut.

A screenshot would help us out here and you can do this by uploading your image to a free hosting service like photobucket or by using the attachment options in this thread (i'm not sure if there working ;) )

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Click on my computer. Then right click 'My Network Places' and go to properties. This is where you have all of your network connections, and there should be (from what you're describing) two dialup connections. Delete one.

As Tkey said a screenshot of what you are looking at would help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom