2 connections one computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankster_ni

Beta member
2 connections one computer RE WRITTEN PROBLEM CLEARER

i need two seperate connections running longside ok oe to browse internet collect emails and the other to recieve our work orders through(the secure connection) but our current network will not allow the connections run alongside eachother is a LOAD BALANCER MY SOLUTION someone has told me its not.

note i dont want the secure connection comming like a failsafe if one connection fails that secure connection only allows us to browse to one location

please help

What do you mean? You just want to connections? Just plug in each in a different NIC. Then your computer will have 2 IP addresses. So you will have to reconfigure your browser or disable one NIC card.

if i understand you correctly then you most likely you want to set up a vpn (virtual private network) connection to you work network - that way you can route all traffic from that domain through the vpn and the rest through the other connection.

But setting up a vpn requires your work to have the abilities and hardware to do so, and it needs to be configured correctly.

When all set up you will have one connection to work and another to the internet. The work connection will be secure as long as the vpn server is set up to use a secure protocol. These two connections will quite hapily run side by side.

To help people understand i have re written my problem>

situation is we have two internet connections comming into the companys network, ok one is a British Telecom Supplied ADSL connection connected to a server which then is connected to a 16 port switch the other is a Secure Broadband Connection it can only browse to one address it comes in thru a 5 port hub connected to a 16port switch, each workstation now then has 2 nic cards installed, but i im finding it difficult to get two connections running on each computer, they have to remain two seperate connections but still run alongside Eachother at the same time, see work is transfered from head office via the secure connection every hour and important emails arrive all the time thru the ADSL, i really need an inexpensive way to runn them together, actually i have soem how got it to run slowly on this workstation i dont have a clue what i did but software would be helpful if anyone knows any brands!

Use two Web browsers
Mozilla 1.7
Firefox 1.0

C prompt ipconfig /all to see the ips

Type the seperate ips in the two browsers

yea when one is unplugged the other one works fine but when it is plugged in it dosnt work harldy at all please someone talk me throught a setup please i really need to get this working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom