2 computer networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0mmun1st4lyf3

In Runtime
hey, well like a week ago i can use network places to get into my sister's computer(documents & shared documents). now it doesn't work when i try to open her doc from mine. instead, she can access mine from her computer. when i try to access her computer, this error says " access denied...and alot more stuff" how do i fix this i need to bak up her stuff so she can format her computer.

Attachments

• dsfawer.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 58
He he, she made her folders private, or someone with admin access changed permissions on her folders.

To change the permissions right click on the desired folders and select "properties". Select the "sharing" tab and select the option box "share this folder". Set the "User Limit" to "Maximum Allowed" and select the "permissions" box. You can either just add your computer name on there and give youself "full control" or give everyone "full control". Since you're reinstalling soon it might be easier just to give everyone "full control" over the selected folders. Remember though that full access to your sister's computer is generally a major security hazard.

ok thanks for the replies, but still, when i go to properties of her document on her computer and go to sharing, all the options are disabled. how do i reable them?

**** i faced the same problem, it took 2 hours of mine..

I had sold that person a Toshiba laptop A80-p4321 and i went to his office to connect his lappy with his desktop pc, made a crossover cable and gave the Ips..

i kept wondering that i can access desktop from lappy but not lappy from desktop.. the same error which u got buddy !!

so the i started looking for admin login and all, but of no use and in the end i looked in root\program files

mann there was a software called autopatcher. the person has applied few tweaks on his lappy, like speed up the start menu, change the icons of hard drive and all.. so i undo all changes, restarted the lappy..

and i was through..

i hope u get through the problem same way.. it is juz that the access was disabled from registry with that tweaky kweaky proggies.. look out for that buddy.. or try restoring the system to earlier time, this may restore the permissions or anythin like that.. :)

best of luck

cheers!
Realin!

I had same problem, think I was drunk one night and changed some settings. Boy that was stupid.

I used system restore to go to an earlier time. It worked for me.

NV

OH Yeah, system restore will also tell you what changes were made since last restore point. That should help.

you're RE-FORMATING?!?!

That seems like the longest most annoying way (not to mention loss of data) to end up having to do the same thing you would have had to do if you DIDN'T re-format......

Obtruse_Man4 posted the resolution to this problem 9 DAYS ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom