18Mbit? I'm only paying for 8!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that same Linksys modem! However, I only get around 3mb/s download because Charter has horribly slow awful Internet >.< that lags and has HTTP access go out a lot. The only other company here is AT&T, and their idiot tech personnel (or idiotic service, idk) told me that their DSL only works with Windows XP and Vista PC's, and I have Win95, 98SE, XP, Vista, Ubuntu, Windows Mobile 6, and Nintendo DS and Wii all on my network...I bet their tech people were just stupid, but that turned us away from their service.

rofl
didn't realize TCP/UDP and IP only worked with XP and Vista
feck i hate tech support guys from phone companies.
seems like the only smart tech support i've ever ran into is IBM's

anyway,
i've got a 5Mbit line and every now and then on ApecDC++ i'll boost to 18Mbit. i don't have any "speedboost" from my provider, however they do offer a 15Mbit line.....

im still on fecking dsl.. my dad refuses to upgrade to comcast cable internet... even though we have comcast cable tv...

Yeah i had DSL with att and they couldn't get the dang service to work, so we switched over to comcast and everything went smooth. Honestly i hated comcast for their advertising and how they take over all teh small guys. But now that ive got their service, I think comcast freaking rocks!

Btw, whats the real true diff between cable and dsl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom