18Mbit? I'm only paying for 8!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. i was using the one comcast provided me although i already had the Linksys Modem (Model BEFCMU10) because my mom was reluctant to ask me if we already had a modem.

The modem they provided me was used and looked like.. dog crap. I knew it was going to stop working anytime now. RCA Modem (Model DCM245)

Turns out it went out the first week of having internet. So i called comcast and gave em the mac address for my linksys and everything started working again. I recently did a speed test and was blown away.. its hard to believe.

Ya i'm still using the motorola modem that comcast installed. Ive had my bandwidth hit as high as 15mb when running tests. Must be that whole "speedboost" thing.

yeah wtf is that speedboost crap?

6 MBPS, boosted to 12 MBPS for large file downloads.

My usual internet connection with Comcast has always been what is listed in my signature, how I do not know, but they screwed up my cable for four months and it resulted in them not knowing I had about 70 premium channels for free. :rolleyes:

Anyway, i've tested it before and it seems to cut off fairly fast for uploads, shouldn't work for uploads in the first place anyway according to Comcast, ( but on downloads "speedboost" seems to last for at least thirty seconds. Probably longer in other areas, but I'm right next to Houston, major neighborhood.

Comcast Gives Customers a Speed Boost with PowerBoost

I have that same Linksys modem! However, I only get around 3mb/s download because Charter has horribly slow awful Internet >.< that lags and has HTTP access go out a lot. The only other company here is AT&T, and their idiot tech personnel (or idiotic service, idk) told me that their DSL only works with Windows XP and Vista PC's, and I have Win95, 98SE, XP, Vista, Ubuntu, Windows Mobile 6, and Nintendo DS and Wii all on my network...I bet their tech people were just stupid, but that turned us away from their service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom