100+ Open Internet Sessions

blckninja

Solid State Member
Hello all trying to get some help with an issue i'm having, haven't found a solution yet. Not a huge tech guy so apologies if something goes over my head.

I'm having a problem where i'm getting 1/4-1/2 of my subscribed internet speed. I think i've narrowed it down to the amount of open internet sessions coming from my computer, "Amoni" in the picture. I've also tried viewing the number of sessions on a laptop I have and the amount is pretty much the same. I've come to believe this is what is causing slow internet speeds.

How can I find out what it causing this large amount and how can I fix this?

Attachments

• OIS.JPG
    OIS.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 6
If you think the computer is the problem turn it off and try a speed test on one of the other devices - see if that helps your internet speeds.

If thats the case then check whats running in the background on your PC that might be using internet.

I've checked everything through task manager and closed everything that I saw that could be connected but there is still a large amount of open sessions.

My laptop also creates a large amount of open sessions and i clear everything from that and it still has 60+ open sessions.

I've looked at the nat table and did a netstat and both are showing a lot of open connections going to google...

Disable all of your auto updaters and such. Look in msconfig's Startup tab to see what all is running.

You can also check the Services tab, and check "Hide all Microsoft services" and then track down other services that may be phoning out.

checked both of those, slightly helped. I'll have to go back in later to the services and see what I need to keep checked but i disabled all and i'm still at 80-90 open sessions with just my modem open in firefox. Is that normal or still too high?

EDIT: I don't know if this would help but I attached a small list from my NAT. Any IP starting with 173 is coming from Google from what I found. Seems odd.

Attachments

• nat_table.JPG
    nat_table.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Double checked and I don't. Closed all VPN, p2p, pando media booster, and anything that mentioned it being an update service.

Set Windows Update settings to not automatically download, but to only check for updates. That should cut down at least somewhat as well.

Also, have you scanned for malware with Malwarebytes Antimalware? Just to make sure there isn't anything on your system?

Already have Windows Update to check for updates. Only thing that auto updates is Avast.

I've scanned with Spybot, Windows Defender, and Avast and I haven't found anything.

Already have Windows Update to check for updates. Only thing that auto updates is Avast.

I've scanned with Spybot, Windows Defender, and Avast and I haven't found anything.

Spybot isn't that great nowadays - I'd suggest just ditching it honestly. I'd run a scan with MBAM to double check.

Back
Top Bottom