1 pc can not be accessed in our network

Status
Not open for further replies.

bopol

Solid State Member
i just recently added a new drive to this new pc and i successfully ghosted the files to the new drive and there was no problem..at first.

after a couple of days, the pc could no longer be accesses by any of our pcs in our network although the pc itself can access the other pc's...

ive already tried file sharing and security and iv also tried seting up the network again but to no avail. it also says that there are no drivers for the "service" component when i try to install from LAN properties (where you can also locate tcp/ip; so basically, it says that it does not have drivers for QoS and Service Advertising Protocol)

what should i do?

il also attach the error that appears when other pc's in the network try to access this problem pc...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 34
Some more info please.

Is the new drive in a different PC? If so, you'll have to install all new drivers because all of the peripherals are different.

What kind of network is it? If it's a domain, just try to re add it to the domain.

It's also possible that the pc could be logging into a cached account instead of a network account. If this is the case try doing an ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew and see if it gets an updated ip address. You could also try to setup a new user account on the pc that logs into the domain. this will force it to talk to the domain controller. this may solve your problem.

thanks for the reply. my officemate just saved the day for me.. it turned out that it was sytem restore's fault...my officemate said that system restore was not allowing any changes to my system so when i tried to make changes, it just changed it back to the previous settings...(i didn't know system restore does this). again, thanks much for taking time out to help

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom