Your incompability issues with Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the ATI Radeon X1200 series. I think it's a 1250 to be exact.

It works flawlessly. The restricted driver installed without issue, rebooted, and I had Compiz Fusion running in under 5 minutes. The video driver is one thing I haven't had an issue with... ever... just sound and wireless.

Does scrolling lag in Firefox? Last time I used Ubuntu's repository fglrx, it was a pre-8.42 copy that didn't support AIGLX, thus no Compiz. I then installed 8.42 from the .bin installer, and it worked better, though it lagged when scrolling in Firefox while Compiz was enabled. Maybe they've fixed that since, but I want to have something that works, hopefully 8.43 or 8.44 have done that.

Sorry, I just tried installing the Linux drivers on Ubuntu 7.10 using the .run file provided by ATi's website (the fglrx package in the repositories doesn't have AIGLX support, how on Earth did you run Compiz with it other than XGL, which adds tremendous instability to the whole thing). All the driver does is lag and crash, die, lag, crash more, then make me reinstall Linux because it annihilates all usefulness of the system and trashes xorg.conf and is hardly usable.

How on Earth do you install this lame thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom