Yellow Dog Linux 2.1 HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingasis

In Runtime
When I try to install it onto my iBook I believe it's a G3 and I'm in packge isntallation it intalls partly and it comes to this later on, when Transferring packages it says:

Error

Errors running transaction set!

Please correct this manually.

What did I do wrong?

Re: Yellow Dog Linux 2.1 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

From what i am seeing of YDL is that it is a paid version of Linux for specific things. Like the PS3, and the Apple PowerPC's. My first bit of advice is that if this is true and you paid for it. I would go to them and get help as they should offer much better support than a free forum that doesnt master in this distro.

My 2nd thought would be did you get the right version? I see specific version for Cell CPU's and such. It was at the bottom that i found the PowerPC one. Maybe you got the wrong version by accident?

Yellow Dog was actually a downloadable ISO straight from there website... I know it's stupid enough that I'm asking this, but would you know how to check my yellow dog version?

I think you might need the dedicated power pc version for it to work with you g3. Also as macdude425 said you can push the versions up higher if needed.

Ok, I've pushed up to version 5.0.1 and this is what happens

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2775/screengp3.jpg

Also when I type in *install at the boot: screen it gives me this

Welcome to the 32-bit Yellow Dog linux 5.0 installer!
Hit <TAB> for boot options.

Welcome to yaboot version 1.3.13
Enter "help" to get some basic usage information
boot: *install
Please wait, loading kernel...
*install: -1,/vmlinux: Unable to open file, Invalid device
boot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom