xine...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzard34

Baseband Member
i've got FC2 and im trying to install xine. I've got rpms, tars and all kinds of stuff up the wazoo and i get dependency errors (usu. stuff like"lib so and so is needed"). I dont have an internet connection under fedora (winmodem :mad: ) so please dont suggest using apt, although that'd be nice. I looked at xine.sf.net, and i dont know whether to D/L all the tarballs or not to get xine to work. Any suggestions? thanks...

you need to find what dependencies xine has and then check to see if they are installed, off the top of my head you will need xinelib,the X libraries(should have those already), and not sure what else, I think it uses a gnome library or two but not sure.

just my opinion, but you may want to try mplayer instead, it is the best video player period, it plays anything.Its command line, that bothers some folks, isnt tuff to type mplayer <moviename> or mplayer dvd://1 though really.

err ok

yeah i use mplayer its just that i saw XINE in use today and thought it looked cooler (and mite work better) than mplayer. And yes, i do know there are skins for mplayer.:p

ive tried xine, the video players for KDE and gnome too, mplayer kicks all their butts, its clean,fast, plays anything, and just works.Plus it has the added bonus of mencoder and you can compile it with support for other things as well.Probably one of the most versatile programs Ive ever encountered, hard to believe its free and open source.

Horndude, I don't think it uses a Gnome library. gxine does, but not xine...otherwise, what would be the point have having two seperate programs? (or am I completely wrong and there are two completely different media players with the word "xine" in them?)

Are you using KDE in Fedora out of curiosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom