Xandros ver 2 networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so do you want to connect the Linux machine to the Internet, or have you done that already?

i want to connect my linux machine to the Internet. I've been trying to but i cant. This Xandros has a network wizard and it does see my router but i think my end with windows is not working.

So, does your Internet connect to the router, or does it go through the Windows machine somewhere? Can you make an image or thoroughly describe the layout of your network?

ok. Cable comes throw my wall to my modem, then a cat5 cable connects to my router, then another cat5 cable connects to my Airport Extreme for my mac, Then i have in my windows computer a pci wireless card, and Aiprport card for my Mac theres my wireless part. Now i have a another cat5 cable connected to my router running to my room to my linux computer witha a pci wire card. Hope this is what you meant.

Yeah that's fine. So to get to the Linux machine the Internet goes straight from the router? Right, so do you have DHCP set up on the router? (If you know what that is.)

Ah OK. How does your other machine get its IP address? Did you set it to have a static IP, or does it get it automatically from the router?

What software was that you uploaded?

Also if you want to get on the Internet, if you're just connecting through the router then Windows should not have anything to do with it.

software was the linksys router and pci card software. but wont it show up under my network for the connection between those computer i see my mac and windows but not my limnux one and i nkow everything is compatible i checked it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom