Xandros ver 2 networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
or wellslackware wasnt working ou so i installed xandros ver 2 and it has the network wizard . now how can i network both linux and windows under.

get on the internet. i would like to connect it to my windows network. i have been looking into the network wizard but it doesnt work. im think it from this end on windows.

well its wireless. but how can i get sm\amba on that computer without internet. Its not on LAN lans not on.my Mac and windows are working together on the wireless part.

no no i dont want linux to be wireless i have a kingston pci ethernet card. And yes it does show up. i have a cat5 cable running from my room to my computer room. The wireless is from my windows and mac computer. they are running wireless from my router.

I'm assuming that the computer in your room is the one you're trying to put Linux onto, and it has the cat5 plugged into it. Firstly, what is the other end of this plugged into? If it's a router, and DHCP is enabled, then it should be easy to select DHCP in the Linux things however it's done. If it's another Windows machine then you'll want to set up Internet Connection Sharing first, and then it's the same as DHCP on the Linux box I think.

m3trj said:
I'm assuming that the computer in your room is the one you're trying to put Linux onto, and it has the cat5 plugged into it. Firstly, what is the other end of this plugged into? If it's a router, and DHCP is enabled, then it should be easy to select DHCP in the Linux things however it's done. If it's another Windows machine then you'll want to set up Internet Connection Sharing first, and then it's the same as DHCP on the Linux box I think.
yea thats what i want to do. But how do i get it sharded from my windows to xandros.

Dark_Sniper* said:
yea thats what i want to do. But how do i get it sharded from my windows to xandros.

Yeah, you say that's what you want to do, but what do you want to do? This is how you confused horndude, you're confusing everyone. I asked a question.

So firstly, do you have a router?

Ah right. Another question then:

Are you connecting the Linux machine directly to it? Or via another machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom