Which would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerulean

In Runtime
In your opinion, which is the best Linux out there on the market. I've heard of several, but i never really get a majority vote. Are there any favorites in here? :)

Slackware

With a question like this, your going to get a different answer from everybody

lol way to go mac dude.... but i have ubuntu and i kinda like it.. i might switch to fedora core..

Cerulean said:
In your opinion, which is the best Linux out there on the market. I've heard of several, but i never really get a majority vote. Are there any favorites in here? :)
Depends what you mean by best, if you mean for noobs or those looking for an easy alternative to windows then Mandriva, Suse and Kubuntu/Ubuntu are the main players. If you mean best as in quality, stability and maturity then Debian, Slackware, Gentoo and FreeBSD (not linux but a free unix) come out top.

i am a newbie so my knowledge is quite limited!!
but still ....
i have used FEDORA CORE 3 and i have found it quite satisfactory. Also i have used knoppix and ubuntu live cd. and i am currently using MANDRIVA 2005
heres my preference..
1=MANDRIVA
2=FEDORA CORE
3=KNOPPIX
4=RED HAT AND SUSE
5=UBUNTU
i havent quite used redhat and suse(only tried them for a quite a short while)
and i am not quite impressed with ubuntu(dont really know why!!)
so there you go dude!! mandriva is my top choice!!! best of luck!! c ya!!!

I really like ubuntu. It is fast, stable, and easy to use. While it is easy to use, it also is good for experienced users too. They have a great community always willing to help. With the upcoming Dapper release, Ubuntu will be a no-brainer choice for new users :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom