Wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 5.25 and 1.44 are your floppy disks, and the 3.5 is your HDD.

ok i didnt realize that your bios wouldnt have that option.

what you're gonna want to do is set that to 1.44, get 2 floppy disks, and goto wherever you downloaded slackware from. if it was via FTP, you should see two folders with the other slackware files called "bootdisk" and "rootdisk". in the bootdisk folder you want to download the file "bare.i", and download the file "color.gz" from the rootdisk folder. also download the .exe file there called "rawrite.exe". from the command line in windows, navigate to wherever you have all 3 files[make sure you have a floppy disk in the drive] and type "rawrite bare.i a:", when its done put another disk in and type "rawrite color.gz a:". label them "bootdisk" and "rootdisk", respectively. pop the bootdisk in the machine you want to install linux on, follow the instructions. it will tell you when to put the rootdisk in, and eventually ask you if you want to install from a slackware cd. that should do it for you.

well i dont have the folder for it i only have the cd;s i download. and i got it from linuxiso.org and i dont think i can acces the cd like that.

ok if you goto slackware.com, then to "get slack" on the left, choose your country and connect to one of those mirrors you'll be where you need to be to get the files i was talking about.

do you have yahoo messenger or msn so we can talk quicker. and plus which doi pick there so many i dony know which to get they look all diffrent.

ok it seem its working but which one of these commands do i do.
ramdisk root=/dev/fdi
mount root=/dev/hd1 when i did do both but then it can to a error. it will ask to insert root floppy so i put in the 2nd floppy and it gives a error say "couldn't find vaild Ram disk image starting" Insert root floppy and press enter i dont know if i did something wrong know or what.

and if i put in the 1 disk it comes with a error KErnel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 02:01

you put disk one in and let it run, then when it asks you to, remove it and put the second disk in and wait for it to boot up(in the same drive) no extra commnands needed

http://www.slackware.com

look at the tutorial there, and read it, all of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom