Will Linux Run on this Computer and Which One Should I Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debian is great for beginners. Just install synaptic and installing programs is a snap for any n00b. It is very stable, easy to upgrade, and has tons of software.

I hated SuSE 9.1. I thought it was very buggy compared to 9.0. After a couple months of 9.1 I switched to Debian and I'm glad I did.

they're all nice distro's. I suggest mandrake though, really user friendly, that's what I started on... I can still remember... mandrake linux! 8.0 powerpack! I also installed it on an e-machines, 700 mhz celeron w/10g hd. So you can be sure that it will fit just right on your comp.

Sevoma said:
Debian is great for beginners.
I got installed Debian3.0r2 my own, i spent much time to tune this. Mandrake is more friendly to beginner, though i'd prefer to use Debian, but its installing and tuning ain't so easy for the 1st time i think.
Choice:::::Hard start then easy work....or (fill yourself)

Sevoma said:
I hated SuSE 9.1. I thought it was very buggy compared to 9.0. After a couple months of 9.1 I switched to Debian and I'm glad I did.
Agreed. But what debian, just for my interest
In Linux we trust!!!
PHP:
?date

Knoppix isn't the only Linux that boots off of a CD. Mandrake Move is a version of Mandrake that boots off of the CD, as well as Suse Live Eval which does the same thing.

I downloaded it for a friend at work. He has an ancient computer with a 1gig hard drive, so he's going to install DSL and give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom