What would the Rite Linux OS be..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Hellow and thanks for any Help with this..

Ive been interested in Linux for a while now and am just Woundering what the Best OS for a Novice would be, Something not to Challenging but something with Good Security to do a Duel Boot along side Windows..

If anyone can Recomend, and Post a Link, a would Thankfull..

Ubuntu is the most recommended for noobies. There are guides everywhere on the net to use just about everything.

Before you install, be sure to read up on how to install it on a new partition. This is your best option.

It depends on what your interests and uses are. I've tried many distros and I keep coming back to Ubuntu. It works, it's the most compatible, it offers an easy adaptable user experience but it still provides me with the powerful terminal shell for when I'm in my command-line moods. It just "fits".

Likewise, I'm also a big fan of CentOS, Debian, and several others. I use them for different reasons. I'm also beginning to flirt in the FreeBSD realm as well.

FYI, Ubuntu is based off Debian.

I tried many distros as well, in virtual machines. Xubuntu used to be my favorite, but then I fell in love with Ubuntu.

I use Ubuntu dual-botted onto my laptop and currently in my file server. Pretty easy to use, and easy to use terminal for more sophisticated stuff.

Edit: But ultimately, it is up to you. Try out the different distros, off the Boot-CD, or learn how to install it inside VirtualBox.

IMO, Mint looks the most like Windows out of the box than other distro. Ubuntu works like it, but is in a different sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom