What turned you to Linux and what distro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will be quite stable, in general the differences between releases is working out kinks in scripting and the "glue" that holds everything together. of course packages are added and updated etc. seeing as components are developed in seperate projects they are all fairly finished products so it's just a matter of making sure they work with each other.

I built a computer without considering the fact the parts I got from newegg wouldn't have XP preinstalled. duuuuur. I ended up getting XP through "other" means, but I grew bored of it so **** fast. I ended up dual booting Linux and slowly learning the OS over time.

Now, I can't imagine using anything else. I go into XP and I just feel... limited.

Hi,
I was watching Leo and Pat on TechTV and they were talking about Mandrake. If I remember correctly it was 6.0. I had just built a new computer so I thought I'd put it on the old one. Stayed with Mandrake for a few years, then moved to SUSE, use Knoppix and now I use OpenSUSE and Ubuntu. OpenSUSE for my servers and I triple boot Ubuntu, Vista and XP on my laptop. I rarely boot into Windows on it but there are a few programs I need for work that run only on Windows. I just love messing with it, like the fact that it is free and I find Vista in the words of MaximumPC "bloated, pokey and buggy!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom