What Linux distro do you use?

suse linux enterpise server

i want to try out kali soon. i vaguely remember a video about a distro similar to kali but newer / better.

suse linux enterpise server

i want to try out kali soon. i vaguely remember a video about a distro similar to kali but newer / better.

Kali is the newer version of BackTrack - was released not that long ago even. Is there something even newer than Kali now?

Debian on the server, Linux Mint on the desktop. Really close to switching back to Ubuntu... 14.04 is looking nicer and nicer

Debian on the server, Linux Mint on the desktop. Really close to switching back to Ubuntu... 14.04 is looking nicer and nicer

The last Ubuntu I actually used and liked was 10.04 lol... Besides 12.04 for LiveCD's anyway... Haven't looked at any of the newer revisions passed that though. Is Unity not a horrific nightmare anymore? lol

I use the newest Ubuntu distro but I personally like the look of 10.10 better.

The last Ubuntu I actually used and liked was 10.04 lol... Besides 12.04 for LiveCD's anyway... Haven't looked at any of the newer revisions passed that though. Is Unity not a horrific nightmare anymore? lol

Not so much anymore. Unity has... grown a bit :tongue: I don't like the lens stuff they have going on but that can all be disabled pretty easily.

If you guys liked 10.10 (anything pre-unity), you might want to look at Linux Mint Gnome or Cinnamon Edition. I'm aprtial to Cinnamon, I think it works better :tongue:

Not so much anymore. Unity has... grown a bit :tongue: I don't like the lens stuff they have going on but that can all be disabled pretty easily.

If you guys liked 10.10 (anything pre-unity), you might want to look at Linux Mint Gnome or Cinnamon Edition. I'm aprtial to Cinnamon, I think it works better :tongue:

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I have ever tried the Cinnamon edition before.

I use Debian when I can. DD-WRT on one of my routers. Trying to persuade my wife to ditch Windows on the main desktop, sadly it isn't fast enough to push Wine to run Sims3.

I'm currently using Ubunutu 12.04 LTS. I'm not familiar with how unity was in the past, but I'm liking it a lot.
I actually just switch from Windows 8.1 to Ubuntu about a week or two ago, finally had it with all the bugs.

Back
Top Bottom