What to do with ISO files!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

horndude

Fully Optimized
An ISO file is a ready to burn image for a CD, in other words it only needs to be burned as is onto the disk.Doent need converted or anything, its ready to go.Most linux distro's come with Xcdroast which is a front end for the cdr tools package, use that.If your stuck using winblows, find a burner program that lets you burn ISO's and you'll be good to go.

Oh ya, if your already running linux here's another neat trick, you can mount that ISO as is on a hard drive and then copy the files somewhere else.

Not sure of the syntax but its something like mount <filename> loop -t iso9660 <directory where you want it mounted>

yes..there's an option to burn an ISO to a CD..this way Nero wil extract the ISO file and burn the 'real' files on the CD....hope it fits :)

no..but if you are using nero6.3 its very easy to find....just start Nero StartSmart and you will find it under extra's (i think)

don't know about older versions

I think there is a power toy download as well. I think it was just called iso burner or something like that. It has no bells and no whistles and it is real easy to use. I used it to burn all my collected distros.

About using Nero, I have Nero 5.5 and went here for newer versions of nero follow the instructions provided by Anthony P.
Also I asked a question about downloading and burning an ISO inage in this forum and someone made a comment about nero 6.

Hey bud check this out!

check out Knoppix it is a bootable OS that will not write any info to your hardrive. It is a cool way to gain some screen time using Linux with out having to install it. Just make sure your computer will check for a bootable disk in the cd drive and boot it up.

I have also experimented with these, phlak, Knoppix STD, Penguin Slueth. They are for security slash forensic orientated though.

Only iso file shows up on cd

After I burn the iso file to the cd using Nero 6.6 I look at the cd and the only file there is the iso file. I thought I should be able to see the individual files.

Did you burn the file as a CD image, or as a data file?

If you didn't burn it as a CD image, you will need to burn a new CD. I belive that when an iso file is burned as a CD image, when the CD is viewed, it will show the individual files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom