wat is Linux for?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
drprince89 said:
hey guys how can i create a dual boot eith linux and windows? Does anyone have information on this.

when you're installing linux it'll give you an option to install either grub or lilo in the swap partition

This thread makes me laugh every time I read it.

lmao...

I recommend GRUB, because its easier to use and you don't need to update the thing whenever you make changes to the configuration file.

Oh yea, and you can make it different colors!

I thought that was pretty sweet. :p

Re: Re: wat is Linux for?????????

winblowz said:
"Linux" is better for anything that Windoze tries to be good at, except for hardware support and technical support.

how about running games games? Most major releases are made for mac/win.

There are some games that are written for Linux.

You can also try to use Wine to play those Winblows games, as well. I don't know how well it works, since I've never tried it.

Doom3 has a native installer for linux located on disc 3. Shame its buried so deeply within the disc. I wouldnt say Linux 0wnz0rs Windows, they both have their pros and cons, but Linux is getting better faster. How many times ive gone to Command prompt in windows cos im too lazy to click 1x1251243635656 million times to get into a file!

I has a problem with a Knoppix 3.3. When I put it in the drive (this is the version that runs strictly off the cd), I'd restart the comp, but it would go for the windows start-up...It only went to Knoppix once. How do I get it to work?!?!

Sounds to me like your bios is misconfigured to boot off the wrong media. Go into your bios and change the boot sequence making sure that particular cd/dvd player that runs knoppix is on your boot sequence before anything that holds windows.

Barring that, there might be a problem with your cd/dvd in which case Ive always found it easiest to just burn a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom