wat is Linux for?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo90

In Runtime
Hey guys.......i use Microsoft..wat is Linux used 4....giv me the pros & cons please?? Thanx

Linux isnt really used for anything in particular its just another OS, but it is open source which means n e one (who knows what they are doing) can edit it

gizmo90 said:
Hey guys.......i use Microsoft..wat is Linux used 4....giv me the pros & cons please?? Thanx

You don't "use Microsoft" You might use windows-

"Linux" is an operating system based on Unix. "Linux" itself isn't an operating system. The individual operating systems are called "distributions." There are several distributions, each of which have their own advantages and disadvantages. Some distributions are more complete, or just generally easier to use, meaning with more hardware support and software packages included. Redhat makes such distributions.

"Linux" is better for anything that Windoze tries to be good at, except for hardware support and technical support.

Because the Linux revolution is occuring due to Microsofts failure to create secure and stable software, the making of Linux compatible software is expanding at an exponential rate.

OK-I'm going off topic

Linux is good for programming, media, and is much faster to operate than most M$ machines because of it's BSH (Bash Shell). You can also use an Xterm or a different variation of a Linux terminal.

Once you have optomized efficiency for a command line system, you will be able to use your system much faster than one with a GUI, which Modern Linux distros also have. (and are quite fancy)

Umm.--security & reliability
Linux has much better security than Winblowz-which is one of the main reasons that Windows users are migrating to Linux. It is also much more reliable and stable than windowz

Some people say that games are not manufactured for Linux, which is not true. There are or have been multiple web pages from which you can purchase Linux games :) There is also software called WineX which will allow you to run windows games IN Linux.

So you are looking at a sexy GUI (graphical user interface), stability, security, and an expanding software bank.

:D

Alistair

hey guys how can i create a dual boot eith linux and windows? Does anyone have information on this.

drprince89 said:
hey guys how can i create a dual boot eith linux and windows? Does anyone have information on this.

It depends on the distrobution. But if it's linux, you can use LILO.

i dont believe that whole linux is better than windows thing .

an operating system is something that suites your needs . that goes for you computer specs but thats a different story .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom