VNC doesn't refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyGodAL3X

In Runtime
Hey all,

I tried to look online and I had trouble finding an answer that works for me.
I have setup a VNC server on my Ubuntu 11.04 machine using x11vnc, my problem is, when I connect to my computer from my work windows XP machine, the remote doesn't refresh, I have to close the VNC session and then connect again to see the changes, very annoying.
If anyone has something let me know.

Cheers

I use VNC to connect to my server, with Ubuntu Desktop 11.0.4. Everything works fine for me. Do you have the latest VNC version?

yeah i tried with RealVNC, TightVNC and they all do the same thing?
To setup your VNC server, which one did you choose? vnc4server, x11vnc, vncserver? just curious

hmmm ok ill give a shot to just uninstalling my vnc server and just tryin it like that, but i dont think it makes much of a difference but im tryin to use it outside my local network
Anyways ill give it a shot

i uninstalled it and now im at work and i still get the same thing ... weird stuff ... i tried different ports and still nothing, once i get back home ill try to vnc from within my home network see if i get the same result

Hmm... I've used VNC for years and never encountered this and can't think of anything to help you but I'm very curious as to the cause. When you find the issue, please post back with the information.

Alright so I scoured the depths of the Internet and I finally found what the solution to my problem is.
In the terminal, type gconf-editor.
Then navigate to desktop > gnome > remote access and enable the "disable_xdamage" option
And now it works just fine, I dunno why it would not be enabled by default but now that it works I am happy as a clam :)
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom