VMware issue with ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

M733mhz

Daemon Poster
I just downloaded both Ubuntu and VMware player to run it since I don't wish to switch to ubuntu. This is probably a retarded problem that I'll get laughed at for but anywho. When I booted up Ubuntu with VMware it loaded and everything but it comes to the Ubuntu log on screen and I don't have a log in name? How do I create one? I hit F10 for the menu and nothing comes up about that, I have no idea what to do.

Hello,

During the install you should have created a name and password. that is what you use to log in with.

Cheers,
Mak

I know that, It's just I didn't. I opened Ubuntu with VMware player so I didn't technically install it. Any ideas?

Hello,

Have you tried to just login without anything entered. Are you using a LiveCD to work within VMWare?

Cheers,
Mak

If you just downloaded it and then ran it from vmware, you are just using the live cd. You haven't actually installed linux inside the virtual machine yet. I don't remember how ubuntu's live cd login works, but it should log you in automatically after like a minute, or they should be something on the screen telling you what name to use.

Well I can't get anything working with Ubuntu. So I downloaded the VMware file for Fedora. It loads everything up then just the VMware player screen goes black and stays that way so I guess this thing is just junk.

Hello,

Why not just get a LiveCD version and boot with it in the tray and run it form the CD instead of from teh VM? You will be able to experience it without installing it. Same thing as you are doing with VM.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom