VirtualBox via Fedora 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
Hey, I'm running Fedora 16 on my spare computer, and when trying to virtually start Windows 7 VM in VirtualBox, I get these errors:

35lrpk6.jpg

I scoured the net on this error. I only found old or garbled text that has nothing to do with my version of VB. I'm using the latest version, 4.1.12.

Any help here?

On the side, I did get QEMU to work, to a point. After I get past the Windows splash screen, it brings up an error, and just loops until I force shut it down. So I think it needs some sort of driver.

Also tried XEN (with virtual machine manager), and got a little further. After I click the install buton, it just hangs on "starting windows" and the circle mouse pointer goes around and around...

Edit: I do have Intel VT enabled.

The /ect/init.d/vboxdrv setup bit? Yea, several times. I found that DKMS wasn't installed, but after that, it still didn't work.

Yeah, just did that and did that stuff in terminal again, no dice. I never remember this being so complicated... Guess it's Fedora.

Update: Never mind, I'm on OpenSUSE 12.1 now, and using XEN, which is integrated into the system. Thanks for all the "help"! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom