Unix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I herd gentoo is hard as hell for some one new to nix, maybe something a little more userfriendly like Mandrake/Fedora/Suse ? but then again installing something hard right off the bat forces you to learn. Id jump off the deep end. God knows linux gets you girls!...still waiting for'em. :) (its 2am leave me alone!)

Linux was created to have unix on a PC. Someone wanted to do thier studies at home on their PC and and UNIX would not run there. Linux is a less complex version. bast*@# child.

Thanks,
Tom

no, you want video games stay with windows

I have most that are available and they include:simcity3k,Doom3,alpha centauri,FlightGear Flight Sim,america army, homeworld, and a few other first person shooters........there arent that many and the emulators tend to suck, games written for linux seem pretty bug free and stable though, the ones I do have are great.

Yeah, well if it dont accept many video games im going to have to run Xp Pro then. Thanks

That reminds me, i wonder when a new windows will come out. Its been a good 4 years since they did anything new.

Codeine said:
That reminds me, i wonder when a new windows will come out. Its been a good 4 years since they did anything new.

Well, Longhorn (the codename for the next major Windows release) was originally set for 2004. Changes to be included a much better graphics rendering system, and very importantly a meta filesystem, called WinFS. Now, due to huge delays its release is now expected to be 2006 and now they say that WinFS will not be ready in time. :rolleyes:

They've screwed up majorly on this one, and Linux and OS X users everywhere are unaffected.

A reference site for some Longhorn info: http://www.winsupersite.com/longhorn/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom