Ubuntu8.04LTS Released 24/4/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ubuntu8.04LTS Released Today

I downloaded the beta last night. Of course I couldn't have waited one more night, haha. I like the new release (from the little glimpse I've had). Gnome seems much less laggy.

I just got the final version after using a Beta for awhile and noticed that the theme isn't the same as it was on the beta. The beta theme looked a little bit nicer and more refined. What happened to that theme? I liked it!

Well i had Firefox loaded up with the site all of last night. Went to bed at about 1am and it still said coming soon. Got up at 7am still not updated. Finally at about 9 am i saw the download links. Grabbed it as fast as i could and boom. Got it downloaded. Burned to disc. Just waiting to install it after i get XP up and running with SP3.

I'm already running Ubuntu 8.04. I haven't found any problem, it even recognized my linksys usb wireless card, which was a pain in the *** to configure on the previous releases.
The best release of Ubuntu that I've tried so far.

Installed it on my desktop (32 bit AMD AthlonXP) and my new laptop (64 bit Intel Core 2 Duo). It's awesome, Compiz works on my laptop (but not my desktop because ATi fails to write working drivers and doesn't contribute to open source ones either). It has support for my laptop's wireless, video, and sound by default. However, one time my laptop's keyboard and touchpad mouse wouldn't work, then after I restarted, the whole PC wouldn't even POST, thought it was a goner but after taking the battery out and putting it back in, it booted back up and is now working fine...wonder why the battery prevented it from POSTing

I installed it inside vmware server, and it runs fine. I am having problems with using the package manager though. I get to the point where it's going to start downloading, and then nothing happens and it errors out after a long time. It acts like the repositories aren't there or something (clicking on the details arrow shows nothing, like it's not connecting). Hmm.

I'll admit, though, that the limited experience I have in linux is in Fedora 8, so things are a bit different in ubuntu. I hate the way run levels work...

haha, i could say it's easy to combine posts but i'm going to say it takes years of practice and extensive knowledge of black magic :D

This made me laugh so hard i feel off my chair laughing.:laughing:

HECK YESS!! i been waiting for this one for a minute. im downloading it now at work with some insane 1300 KB/s speed. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom