Ubuntu8.04LTS Released 24/4/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Just a heads up for you Ubuntu folks out there. The new version is relelased today. 8.04LTS the LTS stands for Long Term Support. Which means that this one will be here to stay for a while compared to 7.10 Gutsy which was here for 6-8 months.

So go get it now and have fun. I got my download started already.:D

Re: Ubuntu8.04LTS Released Today

I've been running the beta for a while.

Glad to see its done. Hopefully I won't be having to update like...every 3 hours like I have been for the last 2 weeks. :p

Ubuntu Linux 8.04

All you alternative OS folks out there should run on over to Ubuntu's website and grab the latest version (8.04). Those of you unfamiliar with Ubuntu should read what we had to say about Ubuntu after spending 30 days with Linux last year.

The Ubuntu team is pleased to announce Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Long-Term Support) on desktop and server, continuing Ubuntu's tradition of integrating the latest and greatest open source technologies into a high-quality, easy-to-use Linux distribution.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

Re: Ubuntu Linux 8.04

I know i did. But now i can not seem to find it. o.0

Bah i had it in the wrong area. Moved and combined.

Already downloaded it :) Last night, left my laptop on with Firefox at the Ubuntu site and uTorrent ready to begin downloading. This morning, woke up and saw that Ubuntu hadn't updated the site, but I clicked on the 7.10 release and changed "7.10" in the URL to "8.04"...luckily found the files and got torrents for the 64 and 32 bit editions, loaded them up, and left for school...

I'll have them installed as soon as possible :)

I just started downloading Kubuntu KDE4 and am looking forward to trying it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom